Friday, June 12, 2009

Fathers Day Project part1

Well Fathers day is coming up and I wanted to give my dad something he would like.
I thought about what i was going to get him, of course I had to kit the car from his favorite anime:The Mach5 from Speed Racer!



The instructions are a bit different then gundam of course but they are straight foward and in english.
Photobucket


The whole kit is white so theres alot of painting required but mostly in the interior
Photobucket
The famous Mach5 body!
Photobucket

unlike bandai kits this one has alot of excess platic on the trees
Photobucket

heres the all white door panel
Photobucket
I forgot to buy red paint at hobbylobby so I used the next best thing....Gundam Marker!
Photobucket
heres the result...ehh its ok.
Photobucket
I did the same with the seats and the firewall
Photobucket
Photobucket
next I hated an all white floor interior so I used some testors gloss black
Photobucket
heres how it came out...got some red paint on the center console so I have to go back over it later :(.
Photobucket
I wanted to add some bling under the car so I used gold gundam marker on some parts on the bottom and on this box above the wheels.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I also painted the bottom gloss black and later adding some silver details on the "chassis". Well thats about it for part1 stay tuned for part2!

2 comments:

  1. lol I didnt think they were going to be that big, I learned my lesson(and im to lazy to go back and fix it lmao)

    ReplyDelete